Harbin Medical University selects and enrolls outstanding international students to study in China. According to the requirements of the Heilongjiang Provincial Education Department, Harbin Medical University now begins the application procedures of “Heilongjiang Provincial Scholarship” in the 2023 Academic Year. Detailed information is as follows:
1. Master’s program applicant
(1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens generally under the age of 35, be mentally and physically healthy, and possess a valid regular passport.
(2)Applicants should be a graduating student of a bachelor’s degree program or hold a bachelor's degree or above.
2. Doctoral program
(1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens generally under the age of 45, be mentally and physically healthy, and possess a valid regular passport.
(2)Applicants should be a graduating student of a master’s program or hold a master’s degree or above.
(1) Foreign citizens of Chinese origin, including former Chinese citizens who have obtained foreign citizenship, as well as the non-Chinese descendants of present or former Chinese citizens, will be subject to a preliminary review of citizenship status by HMU during the admission stage, and verification of citizenship by the entry and exit administration department of China’s public security authorities. Applicants who fail to pass the preliminary review or verification of citizenship will be deemed to have voluntarily relinquished their eligibility for admission, as well as the subsequent academic registration that they may obtain.
(2) In accordance with Article 5 of the Nationality Law of the People’s Republic of China, a person whose parents are both Chinese citizens and have both settled abroad, or one of whose parents is a Chinese citizen and has settled abroad, shall not have Chinese citizenship if he or she has acquired foreign citizenship at birth. If such a person applies to study in a bachelor’s degree program at HMU as an international student, in addition to meeting the University’s all other application requirements, he or she is required to have held a valid foreign passport for at least 4 years and have actually resided in a foreign country for at least 2 years in the past 4 years (as of June 30, 2023) (9 months of residence in a foreign country counts as a full year). The dates of the entry and exit stamps in the passport will be followed in the determination of the actual length of foreign residence). This requirement is also applicable to residents of the Chinese Mainland, Taiwan Hong Kong or Macao who have immigrated to a foreign country and obtained foreign citizenship and are applying to study in a bachelor's degree program at HMU as international students.
II. Application Timeline:
July 1, 2023– July 31, 2023 (late applications will not be accepted)
III. Application Procedures
Applicants should send the application package to email@example.com.
Fully and accurately sending all the information and documents is necessary. Applicants are expected to keep their phones on and check their email regularly as HMU’s Admissions Office may contact them when necessary.
IV. Application Documents
Applicants must fill in the application information truthfully in Chinese or English.
1. Application form (please refer to attachment 1)
2. A scanned copy of the first page of the passport
3. Bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificates (with the stamp of the school)
(1) Bachelor’s and master’s degree certificates should be certified by the Ministry of Education or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the issuing country.
(2) Graduating students should submit a Certificate of Expected Graduation, issued by their schools. They should obtain the expected degree certificate before their entry to HMU.
(3) The originals of the diplomas and certification documents should be made available for verification upon enrolment at HMU.
4. Academic transcripts for bachelor's and master’s degree studies(with the stamp of the School)
Doctoral program applicant:Master’s degree holder should submit a complete set of academic transcripts for both their bachelor’s and master’s degree studies.
Master’s program applicant: Bachelor’s degree holder should submit a complete set of academic transcripts for their bachelor’s degree studies.
5. Study or research plan(no less than 1,000 words in Chinese or English)
6. Two recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors, written in Chinese or English.
7. Language proficiency certificate, English proficiency requirements for English-medium MBBS program
Applicants should present a TOEFL certificate with a score of 70 or above, or an IELTS Academic certificate with an overall score of 6.0. Applicants who have taken all courses in English during their studies are exempt from the TOEFL or IELTS certificate requirement, but a medium-of-instruction certificate from school should be furnished. Native English speakers are exempt from this requirement.
8. Physical exam certificate or report
9. Certificate of No Criminal Record: The applicants shall submit a valid Certificate of No Criminal Record issued by the local police, usually within 6 months before the date of submission of the application.
10. Supervisor’s acceptance letter with signature.
11. Other supporting documents, such as financial support guarantee statement, competition awards, merit certificates, community service or special skills certificates, may be submitted in the “Other Supporting Materials” section in the application system as well.
(1) After the application is submitted, the applicant will not be able to modify the application information or application materials. Therefore, before submitting your application, please check carefully to ensure that the information and materials submitted are comprehensive, true and complete. Applications with inaccuracies or omissions will not be accepted by the University.
(2) If any forms, documents and certificates used in the application are in languages other than English or Chinese, they should be accompanied by a notarized translation into Chinese or English in addition to the original documents. It is recommended that these documents and their translations be notarized at the Chinese embassy (consulate) in your home country. Please stamp on the edges of all sheets with part of the impression on each sheet if the document consists of more than one page; alternatively, stamp on each page of the document.
(3) In general, there is no need to mail original hard-copy materials through courier service. However, under extraordinary circumstances, the University reserves the rights to require applicants to mail original hard-copy documents for further review and identification. No application materials will be returned, regardless of the outcome of the application.
V. Selection process
1.CIE examines the application documents and determines the nominated candidates. Applicants who do not meet the requirements or application materialsthat do not meet the requirements will not be accepted.
2. CIE will organize experts to conduct a comprehensive evaluation of the scholarship applicants, and to determine the recommendation list for the provincial government.
3.With the approval of the Heilongjiang Provincial Education Department, the university will send the admission and visa application documents to the scholarship recipient.
4. Scholarship will not be reserved if the scholarship recipient cannot register for the new academic year before the registration deadline.
VI. Contact information
International Students Admissions Office of College of International Education,Harbin Medical University
Contact Person: Pat Hai